PBS x SGE comparison?

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 23 17:50:10 PDT 2001

SGE 5.3 is the "Enterprise Edition", also there are a
lot of changes checked in since SGE became
opensourced, so may be the best way is to compile from
the source if you want the lastest and greatest.

> Manuals say that the "Enterprise Edition" can do
> that. I somehow
> supposed this does not apply to the opensource SGE
> version. But maybe
> I am wrong and this is just a relict of the
> non-opensource history and
> all I have to do to get the "Enterprise Edition"
> features is to switch
> the mode in the text config file?

There is some sort of backfill in SGE, but for
backfilling parallel jobs, Maui-SGE integration is the
way to go.

> (I still have no working batch system with backfill,
> I will continue my
> effort on both fronts...)

 -Ron