IDE RAID Adapters?

John Burton j.c.burton at gats-inc.com
Wed Oct 17 11:42:55 PDT 2001

Hi Brian,

I'm faced with the same problem. I had ordered a 3ware 7810, and was told that the 7810 was no longer available,
and the 6800 would only be available for a limited time through a limited number of distributors and the purchase
would be non-refundable. I felt it was too risky.  Adaptec looked good, but it only had 4 channels, I needed 6
(yeah I know, buy two:-).  The Promise SuperTrak 100 looked okay (6 channels, RAID 5) but questionable support
under Linux - heard it works under the I2O drivers, but also heard there were some problems.  Last week Promised
announced their SuperTrak SX6000, which looks like an upgraded version of the 100, but they provide Linux drivers
on their support page...

John