Linux Cluster Course?

Troy Baer troy at
Tue Oct 16 11:39:00 PDT 2001

On Tue, 16 Oct 2001, Bjorn Tore Sund wrote:
> My employer (Math. Dept., University of Bergen, Norway) have
> instructed me to find a course, duration 1-2 weeks, on how
> to build and maintain our very own linux cluster.  It seems
> to be the only way I can get up to speed on the topic.
> Sometime this spring.  So far I know of one in Trieste, Italy
> on 4-15 February 2002:
> Anyone know of alternatives, either in Europe or North America,
> around that time?

There are two one-day tutorials on cluster setup and administration
scheduled at Supercomputing 2001 next month in Denver. See the following
URLs for details:

(Disclaimer:  I'm one of the instructors on the second tutorial.)

Troy Baer                       email:  troy at
Science & Technology Support    phone:  614-292-9701
Ohio Supercomputer Center       web: