Linux Cluster Course?

Robert G. Brown rgb at
Tue Oct 16 11:19:20 PDT 2001

On Tue, 16 Oct 2001, Bjorn Tore Sund wrote:

> My employer (Math. Dept., University of Bergen, Norway) have
> instructed me to find a course, duration 1-2 weeks, on how
> to build and maintain our very own linux cluster.  It seems
> to be the only way I can get up to speed on the topic.
> Sometime this spring.  So far I know of one in Trieste, Italy
> on 4-15 February 2002:
> Anyone know of alternatives, either in Europe or North America,
> around that time?
> Thanks,
> Bjørn

Wake Technical (in nearby Raleigh) is trying to set up a program for a
long course.  I don't think that they are going to be ready with
offerings by February of this year though.

Contact Scyld.  They are your best bet.

Robert G. Brown
Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at