Problem with latest 3c59x drivers

Franz Marini marini at pcmenelao.mi.infn.it
Fri Oct 12 04:55:20 PDT 2001

Hi,

  seems like I have some obscure problem with the latest drivers.
  Right now I'm using version 0.99H, kernel 2.2.14-5.0 w/ tcp patch. It
seems to work, but, havin' some strange net problems (namely a number of
fifo != 0 in /proc/net/dev , btw what's it ?) I wanted to try the latest
0.99U from D. Becker....

  Now, 0.99U compiles flawlessly, and so does pci-scan.  The problem
arises when I try to load it. It seems to load with no problem, but when I
try to reach the network with, e.g., ping, it tells me the net is
unreachable. And, with the new driver the switch tells me there is no nic
attached to the port...

  Any idea ?

  Thank you all in advance,

Franz

Franz Marini
Sys Admin and Software Analyst,
Dept. of Physics, University of Milan, Italy.
email : marini at pcmenelao.mi.infn.it