New Jobs section in parallelcrunchers.net

Greg Lindahl lindahl at conservativecomputer.com
Fri Oct 5 11:40:25 PDT 2001

On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 06:38:13PM +0300, Bogdan Taru wrote:

> About your question: I designed
> parallelcrunchers when there weren't many CMS related to clusters out
> there.

Right. So at this point there's topclusters, beowulf undergorund,
parallelcrunchers, the IEEE TFCC is trying to have a general interest
mailing list, and I'm sure I'm leaving someone out.

The only forum which has "critical mass" for discussions is this
mailing list. All of the sites are keep separate lists of clusters,
each incomplete, plus there's one at the Open Directory Project.

If I were going to design a website for our community, I'd try to work
with the existing stuff. I'd make the "discussion section" an
archive/gateway to this mailing list, and maybe a couple of relevant
newsgroups (mpi). I'd make the list of clusters be at ODP, because it
has an existing interface to get new links and test them, and it has a
bunch of links. And I'd try to get a keyword on an existing free Linux
job service, so that more people could see and submit jobs.

That's the Linux idea of "embrace and extend" ;)

greg