About the usage of a dual port card

Thomas Lorenzen tl at theory.ki.ku.dk
Wed Oct 3 23:32:14 PDT 2001

     Hi'

On Thu, 4 Oct 2001, Jacques B. Siboni wrote:

>>> Can't you avoid to use the same broadcast ip for the 2 nics?

   Perhaps I can. I guess, that the xxx.xxx.xxx.255
broadcast for a non subnet network is just the usual
standard, but that one could in principle just use
xxx.xxx.xxx.??? or whatever. If I could avoid using the same
broadcast address for the two prots, what would it help me.
I am not sure, I get your point on how this could solve my
problem

   Best Regards.

     Thomas.

Cand. Scient. Thomas Lorenzen               Phone : (+ 45) 35 32 02 50
Department of Chemistry                       Fax : (+ 45) 35 32 02 59
University of Copenhagen                     Mail : tl at theory.ki.ku.dk
DK, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark   Homepage : http://theochem.ki.ku.dk/~tl