Linux cluster in commercial office?

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 2 17:57:50 PDT 2001

SGE was originally Gridware, which used to be
commerical. Sun bought it a year ago and opensourced
it.

You don't need to download the source of SGE, binary
version for many platforms are available.

It can keep track of how many licenses are available.
Synopsys internally uses SGE for testing, so you can
expect SGE to work very nicely with the most of the
EDA tools.

http://www.sun.com/presskits/workstations/dac2001/Synopsys.pdf

LSF used to be good, it has many features available,
including an extremely high price. However, SGE is now
as good as SGE but it is totally free and come with
source.

 -Ron