Multiple Promise Ultra 100 TX2 controllers...

Chris Black cblack at eragen.com
Thu Nov 8 08:23:58 PST 2001

So, to summarize: two controllers work fine, three fail.
Have you turned on CONFIG_PDC202XX_BURST in your kernel config?
It is in the IDE/ATA section of the kernel config. It shows up in
menuconfig as "Special UDMA feature" and the help text says:
For PDC20246, PDC20262, PDC20265 and PDC20267 Ultra DMA chipsets.       x
  x Designed originally for PDC20246/Ultra33 that has BIOS setup            x
  x failures when using 3 or more cards.                                    x
  x                                                                         x
  x Unknown for PDC20265/PDC20267 Ultra DMA 100.                            x
  x                                                                         x
  x Please read the comments at the top of drivers/ide/pdc202xx.c           x
  x                                                                         x
  x If unsure, say N.

It sounds like it might help.

Chris