Promise SX6000 vs Adaptec 2400A

Kian_Chang_Low at Kian_Chang_Low at
Thu Nov 8 00:04:44 PST 2001

Thanks for the info.

I was wondering whether anyone in the list has experience with either the
Promise or the Adaptec cards and would like to share their experience?
Especially with drivers for the newer kernel.

Kian Chang.

                    Baker-LePain           To:     <Kian_Chang_Low at>
                    <jlb17 at        cc:     <beowulf at>
                    >                      Subject:     Re: Promise SX6000 vs Adaptec
                    Sent by:               2400A
                    beowulf-admin at b
                    11/08/01 12:46

On Thu, 8 Nov 2001 at 12:01am, Kian_Chang_Low at wrote

> With 3ware existing the IDE raid storage card market, I was looking for a
> replacement for a cluster and came across the Promise Supertrak SX6000
> Adaptec ATA RAID 2400A.

FWIW, someone with a *lot* of interest in big storage systems recently
posted to the linux-ide-arrays list that 3ware have reversed their
decision and will be getting back into the IDE raid card business
(including releasing the 7850 RSN).  A press release is supposed to be
forthcoming.  The Escalade pages are already back up.

Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering
Duke University

Beowulf mailing list, Beowulf at