Athlon MP vs Athlon XP

Eric Kuhnke eric at fnordsystems.com
Mon Nov 5 14:41:38 PST 2001

Of course, if an AthlonXP used in a dual-processor board ever dies, you
can always say to AMD "Yes, we were using it in a
#NAME_OF_SINGLE_PROCESSOR_MOTHERBOARD, and it randomly died".

It's pretty rare for a CPU to fail by itself, 99.9% of the time it's the
result of a heatsink fan failing, or the heatsink somehow coming loose
from the socket.  the 00.1% is power surges, lightning strikes, and things
like that...

Eric Kuhnke
Lead Engineer / Operations Manager
Fnord Datacenter Systems Inc.