Scyld, local access to nodes, and master node as compute node

Art Edwards edwards at icantbelieveimdoingthis.com
Thu May 24 21:48:54 PDT 2001

> What are you using to run your jobs?  If you're using MPI, the rank == 0
> job is always run on the master node (unless you give mpirun the
> -nolocal option)

I just tried to issue the following command

jarrett/home/edwardsa>mpirun -np 4 -nolocal pi3
Failed to exec target program: No such file or directory

When I execute

jarrett/home/edwardsa>mpirun -np 4 pi3 -nolocal

The code runs, but ps -x reveals that it is computing on the head node. I
really don't want compute jobs executing on the head node and it seems that
-nolocal has no effect. What are my options?

Art Edwards

P. S. Incidentally, -nolocal doesn't appear on the MPI man page