custom cluster cabinets (was Re: 1U P4 Systems)

Kevin Facinelli ksfacinelli at yahoo.com
Wed May 23 13:58:25 PDT 2001

If the entire top of the case was a heatsink many
other variable come to mind....what happens when you
stack or rack??? how thick will the lid be?  How would
you get air across the lid in a racked configuration.

Let's think about this??? why does it have to be
1U??...think a little bit outside the box...if the
unit could be any shape would it be thin and narrow
creating a terrible aspect ratio for air
movement...NO.

Take a look at the ingenious approach of this product:

http://www.crystalpc.com/products/computers/cs300.asp

The cooling and space advantages are easy to see.

Kevin

=====
Kevin Facinelli
www.colosource.com