1U P4 Systems

alvin at Mail.Linux-Consulting.com alvin at Mail.Linux-Consulting.com
Tue May 22 23:42:24 PDT 2001

hi william

if you dont mind the "open frame design"...
like at clusterCompute...

	- keep in mind.. one can get a flat sheet of
	metal and mount all the motherboard, disk, powersupply
	onto a piece of sheetmetal .... to create a custom
	very affordable/inexpensive 1U server rack

	- it has better airflow due to the huge fans
	in the cabinet....

than you can easily mount 4 independent server into one 1U cabinet
shelf .... 160 1U servers in one cabinet
- <shameless plug> we can fit 3 independent server per shelf</shamelessplug>

and, you can also do that the kingstar way...http://www.KingStarUSA.com
( they are 2U servers... p3 slot-1 CPU vs the flat cpu ( socket370 )...

have fun
alvin
http://www.Linux-1U.net -- 500Gb 1U Raid5 ...