PGI and Scyld

Greg Lindahl lindahl at conservativecomputer.com
Mon May 21 11:43:02 PDT 2001

On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 12:49:04PM -0500, jacobs wrote:

> Now, however, we are moving on to the real stuff.  Unfortunately, the
> f77 code is not readily compiled by g77,  however the PGI suite works
> just fine.

g77 does compile *most* f77 extensions and weirdnesses, you may not be
picking the right flags. But PGI is a good choice, just because it's
probably quite a bit faster. And with a cluster, faster means fewer
nodes which saves money.

> What are some of the trials and tribulations associated with running the
> PGI compilers over BPROC.

Why not compile on the master? Surely compilation time is much less
than run time?

-- g