Hung job

Daniel Ridge newt at scyld.com
Wed May 16 17:38:06 PDT 2001

List readers,

Replying to one's own posts is an early sign of senility, Nonetheless

I wrote:
> > I'm running a parallel job using MPI and, when I killed the process
on the head node, it didn't die on the slave. Is there a command that kills al processes (or specified processes) on a slave node?

> Killing a process on a slave node is exactly like killing a process on the
> master. Use kill with the process ID from the master. Nothing special is
> required.

But I was out of my mind. This advice only applies on Scyld Beowulf
systems. Sorry if I caused any confusion on this point.

Regards,
	Dan Ridge
	Scyld Computing Corporation