Payload size in Linda messages

Øystein Gran Larsen gran at scali.no
Tue May 15 06:24:13 PDT 2001

Hi folks!

At Scali we are testing  a beta version of IP over SCI (called ScaIP). One possible application
of ScaIP is to make Linda available for users of Scali clusters.
We are not familiar with the full range of applications that use Linda, but one interesting
application is the computational chemistry system Gaussian.

Of course, we find that the performance of ScaIP depends on message size, but we do not know
the range of payloads Gaussian (or other Linda applications) use. Do anybody have information
to share with us here?

Thanks in advance!

-Øystein

--