What is the best C IDE on Linux?

Bob Drzyzgula bob at drzyzgula.org
Sat May 12 21:17:01 PDT 2001

On Sat, May 12, 2001 at 05:24:24PM -0400, Greg Lindahl wrote:
> On Sat, May 12, 2001 at 02:48:51AM -0400, kragen at pobox.com wrote:
>
> > Right, but it puts it in a new buffer in a new window.  So vi's
> > ! } f m t RET, seven keypresses, becomes C-@ M-} M-| f m t RET C-x C-x
> > C-w C-x o C-@ M-< C-w C-x o C-y C-x 1, twenty-seven keypresses,
>
> You owe me a beer: you can make a macro to do that in many fewer
> keypresses.

Hmmm. Emacs is more powerful than I thought. It takes fewer
keystrokes to make a macro to do a command than it does
to do the command? :-)

Seriously, by this logic, gcc is far more powerful even
than emacs.  Thus, I'm going to add a new rule to your
game. Anytime someone claims that the programmability of
one editor to do something is equivalent to the native
ability of another editor to do the same thing, they'll
also be charged a beer.

You owe me a beer. Actually, I guess, since I owed you
one, we can call it even.

> Now can we stop this off-topic thread?

Sure. This seems as good a time as any...

--Bob