Booting from ATA100 Raid

alvin at Mail.Linux-Consulting.com alvin at Mail.Linux-Consulting.com
Thu May 10 01:37:59 PDT 2001

hi stephen...

this exact same thread or 95% similar thread is going
on right now in the debian mailing list
regarding hw raid, abit kt7a, htp-370 ...

there is no point to using the expensive hpt-370
controller if its NOT being used as hardware raid...
( creates problems than its worth..

a promise ata100 is better/cheaper...
( less headaches )

have fun
alvin
http://www.Linux-1U.net ... 500Gb 1U raid5 ...

if you got to LIL-
	- you got to the second(?) part of booting the loader
	but couldnt do the last part...

	see /usr/doc/lilo*  for more info