Cooling experts out there, some help please

alvin at Mail.Linux-Consulting.com alvin at Mail.Linux-Consulting.com
Tue May 8 20:53:05 PDT 2001

hi mark

heatsink compound makes a big difference too

and airflow or lack there of makes the biggest difference
in cpu temp....

I'd add i2c to one of the systems and start a cpu
temperature tests...over several days/weeks...
	- an idle cpu will give you "ambient cpu temperature"

it cpu temp is running hotter than spec...
you'd better add more fans to cool the systems...

every 10 degrees of heat in the cpu degrades the life
of the cpu by around 1/2 or something like that...

have fun
alvin
http://www.Linux-1U.net ... 500Gb Raid5 in 1U ..