linpack

Joey Raheb joeyraheb at usa.net
Tue May 8 10:54:57 PDT 2001

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has had any expierence with the LINPack Benchmark.
I am having a great deal of difficulty getting this benchmark to go on a
single CPU Alpha Workstation.  Can anyone tell me what I have to do to get it
going.

The package tells me that I need mpi, however, if I am testing only a one CPU
system would this be necessary?

How do I go about doing the 'tuning' that they speak of in their
documentation.  I downloaded their FAQ which helps a little, but I am new to
this whole benchmark routine (at least this type of benchmarking).

I would appreciate any information anyone can give me.

Thanks,
Joey