Beowulf Trivia Question.

Georgia Southern Beowulf Cluster Project gscluster at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 31 15:46:52 PST 2001

Hello all,

I'm part of a team completing the first Beowulf-style cluster available in
our area and I've a question that everyone asks?  "Where does the name
Beowulf originate?"  Essentially why did the NASA and Scyld guys call their
clustering technique/philosophy "Beowulf"?  Is it just a fancy,
cool-sounding name, or is there a deeper meaning, possibly metaphor?  Hope
someone knows because I get asked this about every 5 minutes on some
occassions and I don't have much of an answer.

Thanks,

Wes Wells
Georgia Southern Beowulf cluster