Channel Bonding

Jonathan Earle jearle at nortelnetworks.com
Thu Mar 29 07:52:07 PST 2001

If all the data went down only one port, then at worst, shouldn't the speed
have been the same as when only one NIC was used?

In my case, two PCs, each with a Znyx 4port card (tulip bsed), kernel
2.4.0-test9, I didn't use a switch, but instead wired each port to the other
PC using a crossover cable (PC1/port1 to PC2/port1, PC1/port2 to PC2/port2,
etc).  Even in this config, the speed was dramatically slower than using one
NIC.

Jon