Master node install stops during "performing post install configuration"

Chris Richard Adams chrisa at ASPATECH.COM.BR
Tue Mar 27 12:40:42 PST 2001

Hi all;

During the master node install, once all the files are installed - it
makes it to the end and says, "performing post install configuration"
and thats it.  Even thought the install takes less than 15 minutes -
I've waiting up to 1/2hr - and never makes it past that message.  The
mouse still moves so I don't think it's frozen.

I have repeated this error on two different PCs. One compaq (ipaq) the
other a std. PC with an Intel board. I am doing a custom install, but
nothing complicated - all beowulf packages with some additional telnet,
inetd, ftp services.  I'll try to do just a default install and see, but
any clues?

I had Redhat 6.2 installed on the machines prior - so I don't think
there would be any hardware conflicts.

???
Thanks,
Chris