Jared Hodge jared_hodge at
Fri Mar 23 06:50:11 PST 2001

Howdy (That's Texan for "hello"),
	I've got a question about setting BIOS settings on a cluster's nodes.
The way I've been going about making changes is moving the keyboard and
monitor to all of the nodes.  I'm sure this isn't what everyone does.  I
imagine there's a way to put the settings on a floppy or maybe even send
them over  the network, but I don't have any experience with this.  Has
anyone done this?  What's the typical way of doing this on one of the
really large systems where moving a keyboard and monitor from node to
node would be impractical?
Jared Hodge
Institute for Advanced Technology
The University of Texas at Austin