Hybrid Master.

Bill Northrup bill at billnorthrup.com
Wed Mar 21 14:51:06 PST 2001

Hello List,

Being both a Mosix and Beowulf enthusiast I would like to combine my masters on to one machine. I have followed the list for some time and understand many folks run hybrid systems. However I am running the Scyld release 2 distribution and the kernal versions required by Mosix is that of a plain vanilla type from kernel.org. My assumptions are that Mosix is kernal specific and Scyld is not so picky. In short my question is how do I go about it? Should I install plain Red Hat, plain kernel, Mosix then Scyld RPMS? Install the Scyld master, plain kernel, Mosix and Scyld again? I am not a kernel junkie and still pretty deep into the learning curve. I think a to do list with considerations and caveats would start me down my path, but feel free to get overly detailed! Please feel free to take it off list with me as well. If I get it working I promise to write a white paper or contribute the procedure in some way.
BTW: I am not trying to mix the slaves.

Thank-you

Bill