[Re: [help???]]

Joey Raheb joeyraheb at usa.net
Thu Jun 14 12:24:51 PDT 2001

yes I realize you have a program you want to run but you must tell mpirun what
that program name is.  So if that example program is called primes.exe then
you would tell mpirun the following:

>mpirun -np 5 -machinefile machinefile primes.exe

What the above line tells mpirun is that it should run the application called
primes.exe on five of the machines specified in machinefile file.  This is how
you do it.  Now it doesn't matter what program you run.  You could even run
quake if you want, its just that parallel code will be tuned better for this
type of environment as opposed to serial code which will not take advantage of
the parallel environment that mpi provides its users.

Joey

pramod ps <piramid_ps at yahoo.com> wrote:
 hi there,,

 thanx for mailing.

 i know the concept & read all the available scripts.

   i want to run a eg pgm. if i tried to make it it
says that it  doesn't need anything. then after making
all the clients available , i tried for " mpirun " .
but i get a result as no jobs as specified.
is there anything to do withn the make file?
please help me for his.....

pramod.

http://buzz.yahoo.com/