[HPL compile problems]

Joey Raheb joeyraheb at usa.net
Thu Jul 12 09:01:46 PDT 2001

It looks like you haven't included the correct  mpi libraries, make sure in
the Make.<arch> file under the MPI libraries section you include the location
of the libmpi.a (or similar library) also the include directories should be
checked.

Hope this helps,
Joey

"Georgia Southern Beowulf Cluster Project" <gscluster at hotmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to compile the High Performance Lapack benchmarking program from
the IEEE Top Clusters Task Force page.  I'm using RedHat Linux 7.1 on
Pentium II (with a PIII server, which can still stay at PII compile).  I'm
trying to "make arch=Linux_PII_FBLAS", and I have downloaded the ATLAS
binary for LINUX_PII architecture.  I'm also using lam 6.5.1.  However,
every time I try to compile the HPL code I get many pages of errors such as:

HPL_pdinfo.o: In function `HPL_pdinfo':
HPL_pdinfo.o(.text+0x14): undefined reference to `lam_mpi_comm_world'
HPL_pdinfo.o(.text+0x23): undefined reference to `MPI_Comm_rank'
HPL_pdinfo.o(.text+0x31): undefined reference to `lam_mpi_comm_world'
HPL_pdinfo.o(.text+0x36): undefined reference to `MPI_Comm_size'

I'm not certain what is going on here, as everything in the make files
appear correct, I've got ATLAS and BLAS and LAM installed.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Wes Wells
NIST Beowulf System
Systems Adminitrator