Memory leak in cluster NFS

Warnes, Gregory R gregory_r_warnes at groton.pfizer.com
Mon Jan 8 09:36:17 PST 2001

There is a patch available in the bug reporting system at
http://ClusterNFS.sourceforge.net that fixes this problem.  I will be
releasing a new version of the software shortly, now that I again have a
Unix system at my disposal.

ClusterNFS was designed for the situation where the nodes have mixed
sequential/parallel use.  The purpose and advantage of ClusterNFS over
"PXE+DHCP+hardlinked passwd/shadow" file configuration comes when you want
to maintain the systems you've installed.   If you need to update some
feature of the configuration on all of the machines, there are 2 problems:
1) it is necessary to connect to each machine and individually make the
necessary change and 2) it is difficult to keep track of which machines have
been updated.  Both of these become even more difficult when there are long
running sequential jobs that should not be interrupted.

Greg Warnes
<greg at warnes.net>