Cluster MOBO suggestions

Richard Walsh rbw at networkcs.com
Mon Jan 8 09:25:20 PST 2001

Mike Mettke wrote:

>did anybody run the same test on an Serverworks HE chipset ?
>They claim 4.1GByte/s bandwidth which sounds, well, fantastic.
>If that's anywhere near true we might get them.

These looks like the numbers you get with reading and writing from/to
the coppermine L1 cache (nothing to do with the chipset). L2 cache
gives you about 2 GBytes/s (again nothing to do with the chipset),
and memory gives you about 500 Mbytes/s if you run 2 stream jobs
simultaneously (peak for a single job is about the same as the
number for the LE ~380 MBytes/sec).

As has been pointed before (Steffen Persvold), it works out that
the SW_HE dual boards get about a 35% performance boost over SW_LE
when running two stream jobs simultaneously.

Regards,

rbw
#---------------------------------------------------
#
# Richard Walsh
# Project Manager, Financial Markets
# netASPx, Inc.
# 1200 Washington Ave. So.
# Minneapolis, MN 55415
# VOX:    612-337-3467
# FAX:    612-337-3400
# EMAIL:  rbw at networkcs.com, richard.walsh at netaspx.com
#
# "What you can do, or dream you can, begin it;
#  Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it."
#                                  -Goethe
# "Without mystery, there can be no authority."
#                                  -Charles DeGaulle