Beowulf start-up?

ILGIN SEKER iseker at isbank.net.tr
Fri Feb 23 11:39:06 PST 2001

Hi to everybody. I'm new to this amazing list and have some questions:

What are the "essential" hardware to build a beowulf? i.e. Can I get 10
old 8085s (yes I have;), connect'em and make it?

And the same for software? All those Process ID 'globalers', file
managers, control scripts etc.are confusing for me. What I need and what
I've better have?

I want to code an example software to demonstrate beowulf performance to
my instructor; what type of operations/usage are the good ones to show
the stronger parts of beowulf?

That's it, thanks...
Cagil SEKER

"There's one thing stronger than all the armies in the world;
 and that's an idea whose time has come." - Victor Hugo