Microsoft Releases Computational Cluster Technical Preview To olkit

Daniel Ridge newt at scyld.com
Tue Feb 13 21:06:26 PST 2001

Tim,

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Mattson, Timothy G wrote:

> Its a commercial clustering solution, so of course, the software is
> provided as evaluation copies only.  But the evaluation period is more than
> long enough to determine if the solution stack works.

Scyld Beowulf is a commercial clustering solution which, of course, is
available free under the GPL.

What I was unclear about from the Microsoft information was whether the
evaluation period would be long enough to actually clone my nodes so that
I could address my "massive" computational needs. I try to guard against
'Single System Image' being redefined to mean 'You only have to copy the
disk image from a single system'.

Regards,
	Dan Ridge
	Scyld Computing Corporation