Recommendations on NICs used for Channel Bonding (concerns with Intel etherexpress)

Tom Woo twoo at
Sun Feb 11 12:34:24 PST 2001

Hi all,

I'm looking to do channel bonding (2x) with 100BT switched ethernet
involving about 64 machines.  The 3 test machines I currently have all have
Intel Ether express Pros (INTEL ETHEREXPRESS PRO 10/100+ PCI PILA8460B)
They all work great with channel bonding on redhat 6.2 and 7.0.  However,
i've been told that for channel bonding these NICs may not be the best.
Thus, I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on what are the best
NICs for channel bonding, or what NICs to avoid when channel bonding.

Thanks in Advance.

Dr. Tom Woo
Department of Chemistry
University of Western Ontario