Robert G. Brown rgb at
Fri Feb 9 09:08:41 PST 2001

Several people asked who makes and where to find these beasts.  At

which I believe are resold at

However, I'm sure a few minutes with any web search engine would find
more and possibly better/cheaper/different ones.  A decent way to get a
very inexpensive RAID tower, and the one I have any personal experience
with seems to work well enough, although I've never done any real
performance testing on it.  A sample of one shouldn't be taken too
seriously in any event.

Robert G. Brown
Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at