NetGear FA-31x

Mikhail Kuzminsky kus at
Mon Dec 10 10:15:25 PST 2001

According to Donald Becker
> On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Javier Iglesias wrote:
> > There was a post some time ago that mentioned problems
> > using NetGear FA311 NICs
> > (->
> > with some "specific AMD chipsets"
> > (->
> That wasn't a specific report.  It was pretty much "something doesn't
> work".
> > We are experiencing some problems getting the highly
> > recommended FA310 cards
> > (->
> The FA310 (Lite-On PNIC-2 or ADM Comet chip) is completely unrelated to
> the FA311 (NatSemi DP83815 chip).  Any problem common between the two is
> likely from the motherboard, not the NIC.
  I heard about some problems w/south bridge on Tyan Tiger MP,
but (if I'm correct) somebody (sorry, I don't remember) wrote in
our mailing list that some GigE NICs, in particular from Intel,
works successfully w/Tiger MP. We have both (Tiger MP and Intel
Pro 1000 T), but didn't check them.

Mikhail Kuzminsky
Zelinsky Institute of Organic Chemistry