time command defaults changed in RedHat 7.2 vs RedHat 6.2?

LT V. H. Walke walke at usna.edu
Thu Dec 6 05:26:12 PST 2001

What shell are you using?  tcsh provides its own time command and will
obscure /usr/bin/time.  Try running your command with /usr/bin/time and
see if you get different output.  Also, check the man page for the shell
which you are using.

It would also be helpful if you gave an example of the output you were
getting and the output you desire.

Good luck,
Vann