neigbour table overflow

ilker ARABACI i.arabaci at hiperaktif.com
Fri Aug 24 08:13:57 PDT 2001

>On Fri, 03 Aug 2001, Eric T. Miller wrote:

>> OK.  It seems that some others have had the same problem and were able to
>> fix it by making a boot floppy from BeoSetup and using that to boot the
>> slaves.  No dice for me, the boot floppy behaves exactly the same as the
>> CD-ROM.  It boots fine, I have scrutinized the console and can see no
error
>> messages or anything of that sort.  Then, it begins RARPs and the MAC
>> appears in the Front-End console.  I drag it to the "Configured nodes"
>> column, and apply.  The daemon restarts, and the status remains
unchanged,
>> in a "down" state.

>What happens on the slave node's console after you hit apply?  If there
>are any errors, they're happening after you click apply to add the node.

RARP: xxxxxxxx -> 192.168.0.1.100
connecting to 192.168.1.1:1555neigbour table overflow

short read:got 0 bytes, expected 8
A fatal error has occured

Rebooting machine in 30 sec

On the other hand  I dont understand the rationale of /etc/beowulf/fstab
is this the conf file for the nodes ,to mount the disks  exisiting on their
own locale ? or i have to partion the front -end  machine for  nodes?