Query: Blast on Scyld beowulf

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 11 12:12:03 PDT 2001

For batch jobs, you should use a batch system to queue
up the jobs.

PBS is always opensource:
http://www.openpbs.com

Sun recently opensourced Gridware:
http://gridengine.sunsource.net
http://www.sun.com/gridware

See RiboTargets
http://www.sun.com/software/gridware/quotes.html#ribotargets

"As a drug discovery company pioneering the use of
high throughput molecular docking software and
bioinformatics applications for antibiotic lead
development, we require a very high performance
system..."

The idea of having a batch system is that you submit
the jobs and leave the cluster does the work for you.
The batch system will start the jobs when the
resources are available, nights, weekends, etc.

The software can use the unused desktops at night
while returning the processor back to their owners
during daytime.

-Ron