FW: MPI-Beowulf configuration question: where does Makefile @XXX_XXX@ notation come from?

Chris Richard Adams chrisa at ASPATECH.COM.BR
Thu Aug 2 09:34:40 PDT 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Richard Adams
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2001 12:10 PM
To: 'Pedro Díaz Jiménez'
Subject: RE: MPI-Beowulf configuration question: where does Makefile
@XXX_XXX@ notation come from?

Have you tried the info pages for man?

Hi Pedro;

regarding documentation: I've read the Scyld Beowulf Quick Install,
Installing Scyld Beowulf Guide, and the Scyld Beowulf Scalable Computing
Guide.  None of those documents reference the questions I've posed. I've
run info on those documents - which I believe are the same as the HTML
formatted guides stated above.

THe example/bin directory contains execs with no docs at all. I'm
tempted just to run them, but fear destroying somehting in the process.

> Q4.) What is the difference between the /examples and /mpe_examples?
> What does mpe mean?

MPE is an extension to  MPI in the form of a library. It adds some
useful
routines and functions for profiling, visualitation, logging, etc...
Take a look at
http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/mpi/mpich/docs/mpeguide/paper.htm

Great - thanks for the link!!

Chris