SMP Kernel for Scyld?

Sean Dilda agrajag at scyld.com
Wed Aug 1 10:13:31 PDT 2001

On Wed, 01 Aug 2001, Lambe, Dave wrote:

> Thanks Sean.
> Next question, my nodes boot from floppies (they have W2k loads for quick
> deployment spares). I was able to rpm the SMP kernel on the master. How do I
> go about pointing the 2nd part of 2kernelmonte to the new SMP kernel
> (beosmp) instead of beobeoboot? TIA

The beoboot kernel is the kernel that goes on the phase1 boot image.
This is the image that goes on your floppy disks.  There is no need to
change this.  The only thing that you need to change is the phase2 boot
image, which is the second part of the two-kernel monte.  The phase2
boot image is recreated when you follow the last part of my instructions
that tell you to go into beosetup and recreate the beoboot file.