Scyld problems

Bruno Barberi Gnecco brunobg at geocities.com
Sat Apr 21 06:19:03 PDT 2001

	I installed scyld, but have been having problems to make it
run correctly. Although I can use bpsh to run things remotely and it
works, programs like mpi_mandel crash:

[root at rv00]# mpi_mandel
p0_1880:  p4_error: net_create_slave: bproc_rfork: -1
    p4_error: latest msg from perror: Broken pipe
bm_list_1883:  p4_error: interrupt SIGINT: 2

	What may be the problem? I fount this previous message:
http://www.beowulf.org/pipermail/beowulf/2000-October/010346.html
which describes exactly the problem I'm having, but there were no
replies. The poster thought that the problem was related to this
problem:

Beoboot installed on node 0.
Installing beoboot on partition 1 of /dev/hde.
mke2fs 1.18, 11-Nov-1999 for EXT2 FS 0.5b, 95/08/09
ext2fs_check_if_mount: No such file or directory while determining
whether /dev/hde1 is mounted.

	Something else: I've been trying to run X on a client. I
copied XF86Config to the client's disk, and redirected the log
(because the default is in /var/log/). The problem is that X tries
to open /dev/tty0, which doesn't exist. What are the workarounds?

	Did anybody installed LILO on scyld clients?

	Last, but not least: is there a way to write in the Scyld
boot partition? It would be nice to create some symlinks.

--
Bruno Barberi Gnecco <brunobg at geocities.com>
http://www.geocities.com/RodeoDrive/1980/