System hangs on installation

Daniel Ridge newt at scyld.com
Thu Apr 12 12:35:45 PDT 2001

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, Arthur H. Edwards wrote:

> I am trying to install the newest Scyld operating system on the head
> node. Things seem to go well until the end when the system simply hangs.
> Any insight?

Three questions:

	* What version do you think is the 'newest' version? Is it
	  27bz-7? (I still get questions from people running our
	  preview release who tell me that they have the newest...)

	* What part is the end? What is the last thing you see?

	* What kind of hardware are you installing the system on.

Thanks,
	Dan Ridge
	Scyld Computing Corporation