What do you guys thing about the P4

Phillip D. Matz matz at wsunix.wsu.edu
Thu Apr 12 08:03:18 PDT 2001

OK!  So when is someone with one of these P4 systems going to run G98
comparison tests?  The Athlon is faster than a P3 for routine G98 stuff (HF,
DFT, MP2) but if we go by Tim's statement below then the P4 should blow away
an Athlon.  After all, inverting matrices is essentially computational
chemistry (loosely speaking of course) and I would really really like to see
those numbers in case it is true!

Respectfully,

Phillip Matz
matz at wsunix.wsu.edu