Scyld and truble with the nodes

Bill Northrup bill at billnorthrup.com
Mon Apr 9 14:33:10 PDT 2001

***I am using a M$ mail client, I believe I have it conf correctly but
forgive me it comes across M$ up..

Hi Cesar,

1) Not to sure if you are using 2 nics in the master, reason being is
that IMHO Scyld really wants two nics. One being connected to the
outside world and the other dedicated to the cluster. You can alias and
configure around it, I have, but it didn't seem to like that solution
(could be me!!). Never bothered to beat my head on it and added a second
nic. Be careful with hard coding the cluster bound IP address, the Beo
program really wants to have it's way with it. Change it with the
additional  properties in the beosetup program. Leaving it alone seems
to work the best. Disclaimer: This is just my opinion and findings,
could be me again.

2) Run tcpdump on the master and see if you can see the RARP, maybe a
physical problem like a cable or nic..

Hope this helps!

-Bill