Does Linux support Multiple threads?

JParker at JParker at
Fri Apr 6 08:51:40 PDT 2001

G'Day !

I use multiple threaded programs ... I usually write POSIX threads, but
have heard good things about GNU threads and am anxious to try it out.

There is really good introduction ansd tutorial on POSIX threads at the
IBM developers network web site.

Jim Parker

Sailboat racing is not a matter of life and death ....  It is far more
important than that !!!

"Chris Richard Adams" <chrisa at ASPATECH.COM.BR>
Sent by: beowulf-admin at
04/06/01 07:56 AM

        To:     "Beowulf (E-mail)" <beowulf at>
        Subject:        Does Linux support Multiple threads?

Well...does it? So far, I am told its only supported in Solaris 2.x.

Beowulf mailing list, Beowulf at