help please

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Wed Apr 4 05:55:16 PDT 2001

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Krishna Prasad wrote:

> anyone out there,
>
>      Can you give me some examples of parallel processing applications that
> can be done ? (like ray tracing that has been done using pvm).
>      I want the applications to be done by me.  So please give some real
> time programs that can be speeded up using the distributed processing
> technique.
>      If possible please give me some web sites that have the information or
> source code about the parallel processing applications.
>
>     Reply to my email address: sita_krish at hotmail.com

It is by no means complete, but you'll find a lot of what you are
looking for at

  http://www.phy.duke.edu/brahma

and URLs linked there, especially the beowulf underground site and
beowulf.org.  The FAQ and HOWTO (linked to this site) also have useful
information.  Finally, using google to search the list archives is a
great way to turn up discussions of any particular topic or tool, e.g.
recommended books on parallel programming, answers to your specific
question (which is a FAQ -- you'd be amazed at the number of times it
gets asked and answered in a year) and more.

    rgb