simulate cluster

Rick Taylor taylorrx at
Tue Apr 3 12:50:58 PDT 2001

with MPI, you could probably list the same machine a couple of times in your
machines list, write your demo program, and go with that, explaining how the
problem would be split up, possibly show the program's propagation in ps,
etc, etc. Of course, you're not going to get the performance of a
multi-machine cluster, but, IMHO, you could still argue that it is a beowulf
class machine, since at that point the architecture is there, if not the
computing power.

-----Original Message-----
From: beowulf-admin at [mailto:beowulf-admin at]On
Behalf Of Anand Singh Bisen
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2001 11:16 AM
To: beowulf at
Subject: simulate cluster

I am a graduate student and am making a project to build a beowulf cluster
for our lab and am advocating for High Performance Computing lab. Now my
co-ordinator wants me to explain and present a simulation of beowulf cluster
on a single machine that how things will work. Now i want some help and
ideas so as how can i simulate things and apps and MPI or PVM or anything on
a single machine.

Beowulf mailing list, Beowulf at