<OT> SETI-style quest for cancer drugs

Andreas Boklund andreas at amy.udd.htu.se
Tue Apr 3 10:34:17 PDT 2001

RC5 crypto

Sure there is on www.distributed.net Right now there are projects for
cracking the RC5 crypto and finding Golumb Rulers.

My clusters have been running a lot of RC5 blocks, although im not even
close to the lead somewhere at 3000d place :( It gives me a rough overvew
of how much utilized the cluster have been, i know the max and the min,
so i see if it have been working at X%. (A very bad excuse to have it
running though :).

I have it turned off right now though since im trying to track down a
network error (atleast i think its a network error), and i dont like to
run it on production machines. But its fun for us geeks!

//Andreas

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001 JParker at coinstar.com wrote:

> G'Day !
>
> Didn't they have a similar project for cryptography purposes ?  If I
> remember correctly it successfully cracked DES and was working on its
> replacement when I lost track of it.
>
> cheers,
> Jim Parker
>
> Sailboat racing is not a matter of life and death ....  It is far more
> important than that !!!

*   Administator of Amy, Kluster and Sfinx(Iris23)      *
*   Voice: 070-7294401                                  *
*   ICQ: 12030399                                       *
*   Email: andreas at shtu.htu.se, boklund at linux.nu        *
*   That is how you find me, How do -I- find you ?      *