Topcluster listing

Brian Haymore brian at chpc.utah.edu
Wed Sep 20 21:29:34 PDT 2000

A concern about the data that is submitted...  I can see from some of
the numbers people have submitted that peak performance is not
consistently being represented.  Not that the data is invalid, but that
some have represented their peak performance based on standard flops
while others have represented them using newer SIMD performance numbers
for both SSE and 3DNow!.  It would be beneficial to have things
consistent so that people viewing the site can find continuity in the
information shown.  I don't know if having the SIMD performance values
in or not is the right way to go, but having a standard would be better
I think.....  I'm sure others will also have opinions on this and I'd
like to hear what others think...