Topcluster listing

Dan Yocum yocum at linuxcare.com
Wed Sep 20 13:45:38 PDT 2000

Erich Strohmaier wrote:

> What we need right now is more active submissions ( I had less then 10
> sites submitting their info themselve!) as well as feedback to the
> usefullness of the collected information.

I suspect that the institutions that have the biggies are too busy with
"real work" to run a benchmark on the cluster - wasted time, and all
that.  OK, so it would have been nice to run a benchmark on the new
farms at Fermilab instead of Seti at home to burn them in for Run II but...
it was just easier than futzing around installing MPI/PVM/etc.  Oh,
well....

Cheers,
Dan

--